The 2017 Day for Catechists is on Friday, March 17 from 1-5 p.m.
SACRED HEART OF JESUS PARISH | 156 VALLEY AVE SW, GRAND RAPIDS MI 49504
Catechists, discerning Catechists, Catholic School Teachers, Parents, and Staffs are all invited to the FREE event (donation accepted and appreciated).
SIGN UP BY FILLING OUT THIS SIMPLE FORM. YOU WILL RECEIVE AN E-MAIL CONFIRMATION.
The 2017 Day for Catechists is being held on a schedule Professional Development Day for Catholic School Staffs in the Diocese of Grand Rapids.
Keynote delivered by the Chaplain of Aquinas College, Fr. Stan Drongowski, O.P.
“Catechesis and Evangelization in Today’s Culture”
There will be two Workshop Sessions:
- “A Walk through the Guide for Catechists” (Michael Tober)
- “Docility – Helping youth seek, find, and respond to Truth” (Dr. Dennis Marshall)
- “How to be a student of the faith” (Mark Postma M.A.)
- “Teaching Toward Wonder” (Jennifer Quiroz)
- “Church Year and Customs” (Dr. Daniel Page)
- “Handing on the Faith through Literature” (Mark Postma M.A.)
- “The Eucharist: A Model of Daily Life” (Jim Penrice)
- “Biblical Narratives for Preparation” (Jennifer Quiroz)
Words of Endorsement from participants of the Day for Catechists
“Thank you!!! This training was very informative, insightful, and motivating. I feel energized and have a feeling of where I need to move forward and how to do it. The presenters were knowledgeable and driven.”
“Everyone who wants to teach the faith needs to attend this Day for Catechists. I was so inspired and will continue to delve further into the Word of God and the teachings of the Church to become a better catechist, but most of all a more faithful follower of Christ. Thank you for a wonderful day! These workshops were so worthwhile to the depth and breadth of the faith…no fluff here!”
“This should be required for any catechist, especially those new to communicating the faith in the classroom”